Biomimicry and the Circular Economy are frameworks that are just starting to emerge in Norway. As they are still very little known, BiomimicryNorway sees it as its role to communicate and educate the general public, schools, universities and business actors about the fantastic potential of these two methods. This communication can happen via the following activities:
We are giving public speeches, between 15min and 1h long at various events and institutions.
Past speeches include:
- PechaKucha Nights - September 2015
- Oslo Innovation Week 2015 - 15min keynote at Just Make It
- UiO - Frokost hos Kristine - March 2016
- NIVA (Norsk Institut for VAnnforskning) - Biomimicry and maritime related innovation - May 2016
- SoCentral - Biomimicry Thinking for Social Innovation - August 2016
Public workshops / Meetup group
We have a Meetup group - Sustainable Innovation Inspired by Nature - and regularly organize 2h events, introduction to biomimicry or themes around a challenge. Come and join us!
Educational sector workshops
In October 2015 we organized a 2-day workshop for Masters students in Product Design at HiOA, as an introduction to their biomimicry module.
Tutoring of Thesis
We encourage students to come to us and get guidance for their thesis and integrate biomimicry in their design process. We are currently co-tutoring Martin Boldvik for his Masters Thesis in Product Design at AHO. The theme of the thesis is for the time being kept secret.